Porridge, in a single day oats, bircher…Ahhhh oats, don’t you simply love them? So versatile, so nutritious, so tasty. And when autumn rolls round, a dish of heat baked oats is the right option to begin the day (or eat chilly/warmed up at any time of day to be trustworthy!).
Filling, packed filled with fibre and sluggish launch carbs for lengthy lasting vitality, the enjoyment of this recipe is that you could adapt what add – so be at liberty to modify up the pears for apples, raspberries for blackberries or some other berry. Add in some ginger in addition to cinnamon, or why not strive some orange zest for a zingy twist? A drizzle of darkish chocolate would make this further indulgent… Then serve with some yogurt or simply enoy by itself 🙂
- 100g rolled oats (I used Quaker)
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon (I used Purchase Wholefoods On-line Ceylon Cinnamon)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml almond milk
- four tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg, overwhelmed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 giant pear, chopped
- 100g frozen raspberries
- four recent figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (I used The Coconut Firm)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line an ovenproof dish.
- Combine collectively the oats, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk collectively the milk, maple syrup, egg and vanilla and pour into the dry substances.
- Combine properly and stir within the chopped pear and raspberries. Spoon into the dish, prepare the fig halves on prime (minimize facet up) and sprinkle over the coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes till golden and firmed up. Serve scorching or chilly.